Ban Depleted Uranium
Belgium has apparently banned the use, sale, manufacture, testing and transit of Uranium in all conventional munitions and armour.
We should do it too.
The legislation could be easily adapted from the anti-nuclear legislation.
- Depleted uranium ban welcomed - Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
- NZ Should Follow Belgian Uranium Munitions Ban - Disarmament and Security Centre
- International Coalition to Ban Uranium Weapons
- UN General Assembly Resolution 63/26 on Effects of the use of armaments and ammunitions containing depleted uranium
- Belgian Law enabling the completion of the conventional arms law, with regard to the prohibition of weapons systems containing depleted uranium
- Draft Convention on the prohibition of development, production, stockpiling, transfer and use of uranium weapons and on their destruction
- New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act 1987
- Chemical Weapons (Prohibition) Act 1996
page revision: 5, last edited: 21 Jun 2009 06:51